CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rockford News Vs. Chicago News

When I moved to Rockford in 2005 one of the first things I noticed was that the news out here is way different than in Chicago. Here's my favorite news anchors from Chicago. I feel like I've grown up with them. Although my sister and I used to all the Chicago New, "The Dead and Missing," because that's pretty much what they talked about every night.

Warner Saunders
Allison Rosati
Nesita KwanArt Norman
So tonight on the WREX, or people in Chicago would say "channel 5 news" they had so little to report that they showed the new computer program the news station had gotten for tracking the weather. Sometimes they review the weather three to four times in one half and hour! Most times, half the program is local high school sports. It's just odd how it is presented and funny to think how my family would not consider this "news."

On a side note, I love it when my dad calls me and says turn to channel 7. I try to explain to him that my channel 7 is not the same as his and he just insists I do it. So I frantically try to remember what channel 7 is in Chicago area and turn to it. It's like the time he asked me if he sent me an e-mail would it go to my work or would it go to my house. =/


Here's an example of Rockford News.



And if you aren't sure that the Rockford News is odd enough... here's a local business ad.




2 comments:

The Hangs said...

Ali - too funny! Rockford; so close, yet so far away :) -peter

Pam said...

Hey you! You won one of the toy wrangers off of my blog. Will you email me your addy?

mom2rhett@gmail.com

Thanks!!